Thank you for your confidence in our breeding program. We are more than confident you will be happier than expected with your purchase of a puppy(s) from us. We have enjoyed an international acclaim and have had inquiries from and have shipped dogs all over the world including Mexico, Canada, Australia, Argentina, Chile, India, Hong Kong, Philippines, UK, Germany and all parts of the USA.
The following is the deposit schedule and how payments can be made. We only take up to 6 deposits per litter prior to birth. Once puppies are born and we know the full number, we then open up more deposit spots.
– $1000 for puppies
– $1500 for “pick of the litter” puppies (if still available)
Full payment is due by 7 weeks of age on all puppies. Puppies can be picked up from 8 weeks of age up to as late as 12 weeks if necessary at no additional charge. If you need us to hold the puppy beyond 12 weeks of age, we can do so at our boarding rate of $3.00 per day boarding charge. Puppies must have been fully paid for by 8 weeks of age however in this scenario.
However, other than the above circumstance, full payment must be completed by 7 weeks of age due to shipping arrangements that have to be made, health certificates that must be issued, vaccinations that must be administered, worming schedules that must be maintained, etc, etc. We used to require full payment by 8 weeks but payments not going through at the last minute and checks bouncing, etc, created too much discourse on our end. We have since changed our policy that full payment must be received 1 week prior to shipping date (7 weeks of age). Failure to do so will allow us to sell the puppy to the next individual on our waiting list and your deposit will be applied to a puppy from a future litter.
Please NOTE: Dogs will not be shipped out until full payment has been made and funds have cleared. If flights have been scheduled but payment has not been made prior to flight, there will be an additional $300 charge for re-scheduling flights, re-issuance of new ticket and cancellation of the old, and new health certificate that must be issued (since they are only good for 7 days per the airlines).
There are 2 ways to put a deposit and/or pay for a puppy or dog purchased from our Kennel:
Wells Fargo Bank,
NAABA Routing# 121000248
For further credit to Acct # 6250559496
Name on Acct: DBA: Meadows at Lake Norman / Kennel Von Wiese
Using a credit card or online check:
Just send us a request to get an electronic invoice you can pay over the internet. Include the following information:
Your email address
Your regular mailing address
Your phone number
Which litter you want a puppy from
Male or female puppy
We will generate an online invoice that you can pay with directly using a credit card or online check via Pay Pal.
– If you are picking up your puppy, vet checks (health certificates) are included as are first set of vaccinations and preliminary ACK registration (litter will be pre-registered).
– If you are having the puppy shipped in the continental USA, there is one additional fee which includes shipping which covers the flight, crate and transport to the airport.
– If you are having the puppy shipped internationally, there are 2 additional fees:
Additional Fee 1 – Paid to us, for USDA health certificates (medical), crate cost and transportation to the airport
Additional Fee 2 – Paid to the international shipping company, which covers the actual flight, customs clearing, international paperwork, verification of USDA certification, coordination, connecting flights, etc and this fee would be paid directly to the shipping company. There are 2 companies that we deal with to ship dogs internationally:
Company No. 1 – link is http://www.comesitstay.com/transport. When requesting a quote at the link, simply tell them you are dealing with Kennel von Weise and Debbie Buttar. The owner of the company is Tim Cruiser and he can be reached at 720-851-7829.
Company No. 2 – link is http://www.aeropaws.com. When requesting a quote at the link, simply tell them you are dealing with Kennel von Weise and Debbie Buttar or Dr. Buttar. The owner of the company is Bill Krewin and he can be reached at Bill@Aeropaws.com or at (843) 647-7726, ext. 5.
– We offer a standard health guarantee, which covers hip and elbow guarantee on all our puppies that we sell, good up to 1 year of age. In addition, we guarantee there is no genetic disorders up to 1 year of age. If there is an issue with hips, elbows or genetic disorder, the puppy will be replaced at no cost to you for the new dog, but this must be verified by a certified vet and confirmed by our vet. No other specific or implied guarantees are included.
On the highly rare situation where this may occur, you will only have to pay for the shipping of the replacement puppy. Or, you are welcome to pick up the puppy and bring the original dog back at the same time. SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED IN OUR GUARANTEE! No other specific or implied guarantees are included.
– We also have a health, hip and elbow guarantee up to 2 years of age, at an additional $750 charge as an option for those who desire it. For this additional health, hip and elbow guarantee (same as above but up to 2 years of age), the purchaser must agree to adhere to a specific dietary requirement (you must feed the dog “raw”). No other specific or implied guarantees are included.
– When you receive the dog from us, you will have gotten a dog that has already been evaluated by a veterinarian and has received a clean bill of health. Therefore, we recommend that you take your new dog to the vet to make sure there are no other issues. If there any other issue that develop in your puppy before 1 year of age and after 2 weeks of being with you, there is no way for us to determine the issue did not arise due to negligence on the purchasers part. Therefore, there are no guarantees after 2 weeks of you having your puppy. Any issues, must be brought up to us within the first 2 weeks of having received the dog.
– In the rare event that something like this were to occur, we may, at our discretion, decide to replace the dog. In order to receive a replacement dog, all vet records on the original dog must be sent and reviewed by our vet. You will be responsible for shipping the original dog back and also the shipping costs of the new dog. Or, you can simply bring the dog back and pick up the new dog and save all the shipping costs on both sides.
– Remember, this is a LIVE ANIMAL we are discussing. Once you have the dog, you are responsible. Resulting health issues due to negligence, poor diet, inadequate care, etc, are not our responsibility. By purchasing a dog from our facility, you are agreeing to all the above.
– For breeders, there is an additional charge to insure your dog will be of good quality and able to breed. This guarantee includes descended testicles, full bite, proper confirmation, etc, in addition to the hips and elbow guarantee. No other specific or implied guarantees are included or inferred. By purchasing a dog from us, you are agreeing to all the above.
All guarantees expire after 1 year of age, and 2 years of age if that selection has been made. The simple reason is these are live creatures, and how you maintain them will make the difference. If you feed the dog differently, or give the dog the indiscriminate schedule of vaccines, etc, they will develop health issues such as allergies, rashes, etc, or may affect developmental problems. This is also associated with other health issues later in life with the dogs. Thus, our guarantees are only for 1 year of age. On dogs that are purchased older than 6 months of age, the guarantee is up to 1 year after the purchase date.
We also have an extended health guarantee and a Breeder’s Health Guarantee available at an additional charge. For additional details on our health guarantees and the different types available, click here.
We do NOT restrict breeding rights. However, if you are purchasing both a male and female from us, you must agree to keep our kennel name on the offspring puppies for their registration with the AKC when they are born. This is not needed if you only buy a male or just buy a female from us. However, purchase of a breeding pair requires that our kennel name remains on the future resulting puppies. For example, what ever you name your puppies, the last name would bare our kennel name. Example: You decide to name a puppy “Falco”. Registered name would be “Falco von Wiese”. If you have your own kennel name, for example such as, com Tester for example, then the off spring puppies would be named “Falco von Wiese vom Tester”.
– For breeders, there is an additional charge to insure your dog will be of good quality and able to breed. This is not a mandatory additional charge, only if you as a breeder, wish to have this guarantee. The guarantee includes descended testicles, full bite, proper confirmation, etc, in addition to the hips and elbow guarantee. No other specific or implied guarantees are included or inferred. Please note, if you are a breeder and you do NOT have this guarantee, there is NO GUARANTEE the dog will have descended testicles, or will be free from any other issue that would prevent him from breeding, other than what is already included in the hip and elbow guarantee. By purchasing a dog from us, you are agreeing to all the above.
Naming Your Dog:
You have made a very wise choice and we are committed to distinguishing ourselves from all other breeders, just as you will witness yourself the distinction and superiority of our breeding program based on the quality of your new all black German Shepherd addition. Thank you again for choosing Kennel von Wiese as the place to find your future member of your family. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 775-BESTDOG (775-237-8364).